His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

A question for you all...

Owen really enjoys being read to (what kid doesn't, right?) so we have been making trips to the library to get fresh reads. On one trip, this book was on the new release rack so I picked it up. Owen LOVED it.
The last trip I picked up several more by Martin Waddell. Beyond that, I just randomly pick out books. All this got me thinking about posing a question for all of you out there.

What good books would you suggest for an almost three-year-old boy?

Side note to Andrea G-Owen also really likes his Owl Babies-must be the author! Thanks again for the book!


Side note to Kelly M-Could you post the name and author of the book you told me about today, please?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Yes ma'am. It's called A Visitor For Bear by Bonny Becker. Sadly it must return to the library today. :(

I'll think of some more & come back to post them. That means you'll get two comments at least! :)

3/04/2010 12:33 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

We're in a different league over here with three girls, but at that age my kids really like some of the classics with lots of repetition like The Little Red Hen, The Gingerbread Boy, The Napping House, etc. We also love the Bear series by Karma Wilson and the Wombat series by Charles Fuge...along with many, many more.

3/08/2010 7:31 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Hi Becca - I just saw this! I am so glad Owen likes Owl Babies...We are in a page tearing phase so I wish I had that one in a board book! I guess I could read it to myself...

I can't help myself - Here's a few fun ideas:

Fletcher and the Falling Leaves and Fletcher and the Springtime Blossoms. SO CUTE. Julia Rawlinson

ANYTHING by Kevin Henkes, my favorite children's book author. A lot of girl-centered books like Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse but Old Bear and Kitten's First Full Moon are more gender-neutral AND he has a book entitled OWEN.

ANYTHING by Amy Krause Rosenthal (Little Pea, Little Hoot, Little Oink, Duck!Rabbit!, Spoon). Very clever.

Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson

Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen

Anything by Antoinette Portis - Not a Box, Not a Stick, The Penguin Story - very imaginative. Good boy books too.

I love the House in the Night by Susan Marie Swanson. Won the Caldecott a few years ago. Beautiful illustrations, bedtime book.

The Corduroy books...

If you Give a Mouse a Cookie and all of those. Very fun.

My Friend Rabbit and the Three Little Kittens by Eric Rohmann.

David Shannon - boys like him I think...the David books. We have Good Boy Fergus (about a westie).

I could go on and on! One great book you might to check out or even buy for yourself is: The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease... Gives you great ideas for reading aloud for all age groups. Okay, I am finally done!

3/12/2010 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home