His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Delicious Goodness.

I was the selected recipient of these wonderful, delicious snickerdoodles handmade by Andrea. And, I must admit I ate two right off the bat (and it was only 6:45 in the morning!) and they were go-ooo-od! Needless to say, they didn't last long. THANK YOU, ANDREA!!

Andrea's post (highlighted above) got me thinking... I have always had to wait for about 15 minutes (or more) for my oven to pre-heat and, even though frustrated by it, just thought that that was normal for my oven. I took Andrea's advice and bought an oven thermometer to just make sure that my oven reading was as accurate as I had believed it to be. So, after spending $3 on an oven thermometer, I discovered that like Andrea said, my oven was not "pre-heated" when it said it was. It still had 100 degrees more to go. AND, after that, the temperature was no where near where I wanted it. I was baking french fries for dinner the other night and turned the oven on to 400 degrees. It said that it was pre-heated at 250 degrees-ha! Then I waited another 5-10 minutes and it only got to 300. I ended up taking about 45 minutes of adjusting and waiting and finally got my oven to 400 degrees by setting the knob to almost 500 degrees! Can we say-Need a new heat coil? Ugh! I am amazed how I have worked with this oven and not gotten us sick in the last seven years! Maybe that can be my excuse for not making cookies very often ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home