His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Simple Homily

Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.


I have moments where I notice things in other people that make me stop and wonder if I act the same way. These things can be either positive or negative. Reflecting on the verse above though, I am thinking particularly of the negative. I guess all that I can do is to check myself with God and pray that I am keenly aware of how I behave and how God wants me to behave.

Sorry for the sobering entry today. Some things are all too fresh in my mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I think sometimes it's hard to distinquish between being judgmental and hypocritical and holding our fellow believers accountable when we see sin in their lives. I think we've heard so often not to be judgmental that we forget we also have a responsiblity to call our brothers and sisters on sin issues.
I know I've told you this before but I think you're seriously one of the nicest people I've ever met so it's hard to even think of you as judgmental at all! :)
Thanks for the verse! It got me thinking.

7/18/2006 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home