His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Four Weeks. Yesterday...

Dear Owen,

Yesterday, you turned four weeks old. I can't believe how fast time has gone already. No matter how many times people told me that I need to cherish these times because they go fast, I didn't truly understand it until now.

You are in the habit of wrinkling your forehead and looking out of the top of your eyes. Your daddy keeps saying, "He is so bloody cute!"


You spoiled your dad by smiling at him on Father's Day. What a perfect present. We do try to coax more smiles out of you as best we can. Maybe this next week.


We gave you a bottle this week. We knew we needed to try to give you one in the first five weeks of life so later you can still eat if I am not available.


I am getting you and I into more of a structured schedule and can now take showers, work out, clean, nap, blog, balance the checkbook, or watch tv while you nap.


You are officially sleeping in your crib now and have graduated from the bassinet. Sometimes we use a white noise maker with the sounds of a car shifting. It knocks you out every time.

You weigh somewhere around 9 pounds and 7 ounces. Everyone says you look different each time they see you. I do think you feel heavier.

The softball game last Tuesday was fun. I took you to the car to feed and change you. You pooped your pants and needed a clean diaper. You were in my lap and I pulled the diaper off only to have you poop two more times during the diaper change. After I got that all cleaned up, I felt warmth on my shirt only to discover that you were now peeing. Luckily, I brought another shirt. You definitely know how to break me in!

Love, Momma

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so awesome. I don't feel like I'm missing much! Thanks for keeping up with the blogging and photos. It means a lot to me, and I'm sure you and Owen will cherish it years from now. (do boys "cherish" things???)

6/27/2007 5:42 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

The pooping/peeing incident is probably the first of many. Welcome to mommyhood! :)
The letter thing is such a great idea! I have journals for both my boys but I don't always do so great at writing in them. And I sure hope they cherish them! I guess at least there wives will someday right? :)
Love the wrinkle picture!

6/28/2007 8:49 AM  
Blogger Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

So very sweet ... the wrinkled forehead looks like a sweet little ol' man ;). I had to laugh at him being about 9lbs 7oz ... I never knew any less since Ethan was a heafty 9lbs 5oz at birth!!

Faboulous job recording your thoughts, this blog will be so great to print off later on ... did you know you can print it into a book when you're ready? So cool ... www.blurb.com.

6/29/2007 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home