His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Friday, February 03, 2012

Baby Food.

Lightning struck around lunch time today and I thought, "Hm, I should do a post about that". I figured I would forget by the time I actually sat down at the computer tonight, so I jotted it all down on some paper. My blog is terribly overdue for an update, so here we go. Unfortunately, it is about food, again...


Sometimes I just want to kick myself. Often times I stick something edible in a ziploc storage bag and toss it in the freezer without labeling it thinking, "oh, I'll thaw it soon and use it for whatever great and wonderful plans I have for it, there's no way I'll forget what it is." HA! Two days ago, upon searching for apricot baby food puree in the freezer, I came across a full quart size bag of what looked like apricot puree-baby food, yet it was unlabeled. I stuck it in the fridge to thaw. I was a little hesitant because the last time I did this, I thought I was thawing Tortilla Soup and ended up serving Byron some apricot puree complete with cheddar cheese and tortilla chips. YUCK! (Important lesson learned: a cook should always taste test their food before serving AND always label your freezer food just in case) This morning I tasted the thawed mystery bag to discovered that it was indeed apricot puree. Instead of saving it all for baby Caleb, I put my dehydrator to work. This was a much better thawing adventure with delicious results.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Brown said...

yea for a new post! Keep it up! Can I have some??? :)

2/07/2012 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home