His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Smiles, Winnie-the-Pooh, and Running

Owen has interacted more this morning than ever. Byron said he was smiling and "talking". How cool is that?!

My sister bought some books for my niece for her birthday in March and Now We Are Six by A.A. Milne was one of them. As we all were looking through the books after she opened them, my mom reported that she read Now We Are Six to us as kids. I bought my own copy and have been reading it to Owen. I just love the sing song rhythm. So, I will put one of the poems here for your pleasure:

DOWN BY THE POND

I'm fishing.
Don't talk, anybody, don't come near!
Can't you see that the fish might hear?
He thinks I'm playing with a piece of string;
He thinks I'm another sort of funny sort of thing,
But he doesn't know I'm fishing-
He doesn't know I'm fishing.
That's what I'm doing-
Fishing.

No, I'm not. I'm newting.
Don't cough, anybody, don't come by!
Any small noise makes a newt feel shy.
He thinks I'm a bush, or a new sort of tree;
He thinks it's somebody, but doesn't think it's Me,
And he doesn't know I'm newting-
No, he doesn't know I'm newting.
That's what I'm doing-
Newting.


Lastly, Debbie is my accountability partner in a running quest. I have not actually gone on a run yet since I think that I should wait until my doc appointment. However, I don't know if I can wait that long. I will do other things to get myself ready to run though. If I can only run a mile, I might get discouraged. I know Andrea T. is gearing up for Hawaii and she is running too. Keep it up Andrea! We are feeling the pain with you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Cute! I'll have to look for that book!
Definitely wait for the all-clear from the doctor. It's just a couple more weeks right? You can come over and go walking with me in the mornings if you want. :) Are you still aiming for Robie Creek next year?

6/29/2007 12:24 PM  
Blogger Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

HA! Look at that ... my name right there in your post ;). Well this week I've probably ran half of my 2.5 mile "wun". I complete the whole thing in about 26 minutes with a 2-3 minute warm up walk and a 2 minute cool down walk. So, I'm feeling pretty good about my increasing endurance, but man oh man is running tough!!

I don't even want to hear about you running a mile after your 6 week check up, okay? Just keep me in the dark on that one ;).

6/29/2007 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home