His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Heathens.

Well, Byron, Anthony and I did not go to church on Sunday. Thus the blog title. Instead, Byron talked me into going hunting with him and Anthony. They were bow hunting elk. I decided that the hike would be good exercise and that I would get to spend some time with Byron before he leaves for Canada for two weeks (another hunting trip).

We woke up at 3:15 a.m. to drive up to an area around McCall. (I can't say exactly where because hunters never give their hunting spots away.) We hiked up to a special spot and the guys start bugling and cow calling. Now I have always heard that it is really cool to hear the elk answer back, but I never really understood it... until Sunday. It was awesome to communicate with a wild animal! The next thing we hear is an elk stomping its way toward us. Essentially I got about 70 yards away from elk #1 and 40 yards away from elk #2. Neither of the guys got to shoot, much to the satisfaction of those of you who dislike hunting. However, the experience was amazing and I only wish I got it on video to share with you all. Instead I recorded this silly video. Try to enjoy:


We did see some deer too. Here is proof.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you're tricky... as you were describing the elk, I thought the video below was going to show us what it looked and sounded like! Ah, well, it's just good to see Idaho's forests again.

9/20/2006 6:15 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hunting?? I gave you the benefit of the doubt and said you were probably at work! :)

9/20/2006 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home