His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Four and A Half Months.

Dear Owen,

I haven't written you a letter in several weeks, which is sad because you have been up to so much and I don't think that I can remember it all. I guess that I will just have to do my best.

Over the last month or so, you have "gone huntin'". We went to Cascade, Riggins and Northeast Idaho on the Montana border. You did well camping, but we were all ready to be home once we got home. We discovered that you talk in your sleep. This seems cute in theory, but at 2:30 and then again at 4:30 in the morning, it was not as cute.

You and Aunt Stacy (and your soon-to-be new boy cousin).

You like to stand a lot. Your little legs don't tire as quickly as they use to. It seems that you feel so proud when you are able to stand, so you like to do it often. Daddy switches back and forth between standing and a little bit of Mommy/Daddy/Owen's Horsey (which makes you truly giggle). Daddy's are always so fun!

Your cousin, Sara.
Once a month your cousin, Sara, gets to come over and play for the morning. You two seem pretty fascinated with each other. I can't wait for you two to be able to "play" together.

After getting the okay from your doctor's office, we bought some rice cereal. You tried it on Tuesday morning and were under impressed. Then daddy had the idea to try something with a little more flavor. So, we tried bananas. You gobble up bananas (which does wonders for your breath, ha). We also tried peas a few days later and you ate them, but liked the bananas better. So, we give you a spoon of bananas followed by a spoon of peas. This seems to work pretty good. So, you are having no problems eating solids. You make parenthood so much fun...


You are sleeping from 9/9:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. consistently and you wake up from your naps so happy and pleasant. You spoil us, but we appreciate it! You are warming up to people other than me and Daddy by letting them hold you and talk to you (YES!!!).

Your next doctor's appointment isn't until October 29th, so we will have to wait to find out how much you weigh. You are in 6-9 month clothing and size 3 diapers! And growing....

You are thinking about rolling over, but haven't quite got the maneuver down. Soon, very soon, I am sure.

Next week we should try avocados or sweet potatoes. I know, I know, life is so exciting we can hardly contain ourselves!!

Love, Momma

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

9pm-8am?? Wow! You're a lucky mama! :)
I love how alert and responsive he's becoming! It's so fun to listen to him "talk". He's so stinkin' cute!

10/16/2007 10:40 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Becca! (Oct. 16)

I hope you have a wonderful day!

10/16/2007 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home