His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Turkey Trot.

Marissa and two of her sisters talked me into joining them for the Turkey Trot race (a 4 x 2 miler relay) in less than two weeks. We want to try to find matching stretch pants or shirts. I think some ugly 80s stretch pants would be awesome-ha! The winners receive turkeys and the winners are defined by those closest to their predicted time (no watches allowed). So, it should be fun and it was just what I needed to give me that push back toward running. PLUS, Robie Creek is only 5 months away, gotta start gearing up for that too. Here is Robie's suggested training to prepare for the race. Ugh.

Here is a picture from last year's Turkey Trot from the home page site (no, I wasn't there and do not know anyone in the picture). It looks a bit cold, uh oh...

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Brown said...

Are you still thinking seriously about robie creek? Ahhh... you'd better let me know if I need to start training harder...

By the way... it's been around 90 degrees here still... I have no concept of what that photo's weather feels like.

11/07/2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger Ty said...

Yeah! Like Deb said... you better let me know if I need to start training harder! ;) It sure would be fun to run Robie Creek with ya but it would be great to see y'all nonetheless and cheer you on! It sounds like a fun challenge! I'm proud of you!

2/06/2008 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home