His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

No Reservations.

I borrowed the movie No Reservations from the local library and, not that I necessarily recommend the movie, it got me thinking about a doing this post.

Just for a little feedback and totally out of curiosity's sake, I will pose a question. But first the groundwork...

If you have ever seen the show Take Home Chef on TLC, you would know that the guy pictured below, Curtis Stone, "introduces himself to a stranger in a grocery store... and asks if she is cooking a meal for someone that night. When the person responds affirmatively, Stone offers his services to help cook dinner. They drive to the participant's house, cook the meal, and then surprise the participant's partner or guest upon their arrival."(thanks Wikipedia for explaining this better than I could, ha!)
If you were the surprised stranger, what would you have him make? Now this could be anything! Also a little twist, if you could change the chef to be any chef in the world, who would it be?

I will have to think about this one too because I go back and forth between whether or not it would be something difficult I could never really make on my own or something simple, like a casserole (Oh, how boring I am! Did I really think that?).

Off to Indian Valley until the weekend. Here is a photo of Owen to tide anyone over who wants to see a current picture. I will fill you in on our happenings in another post later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

Since I don't have a favorite chef, I would just pick my mom to come and make a meal for me. She's a fantastic cook. (Plus I would never let a stranger into my kitchen!) Here's the menu:
Sweet Peach Tea
Tabouleh Salad
Chicken Gorgonzolla
Breadsticks with olive oil
Pave (Brazilian dessert)

Viva la CARBS!

8/12/2008 11:20 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I'd probably pick Rachael Ray because she's so normal and funny. I wouldn't care what she made. I really believe anything tastes better when someone else makes it. :)

8/14/2008 12:51 PM  
Blogger Bec said...

Oh, yeah, Kelly, that is so true, food DOES taste better when someone else makes it-even a sandwich!

8/14/2008 8:02 PM  
Blogger toni said...

I have the sense that those celebrities are a little ego-centric, don't think they'd fit in my kitchen...When he does cook, Ron is my favorite chef. As long as he makes a mild version, and leaves room to add more hot sauce for Amy and himself afterward. Amy is a pretty good little cook too... Maybe I can get her to make that apple pie recipe I was looking at...

9/04/2008 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home