His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Quantify Your Enjoyment




I am sure you all are wondering how the race went. Now I can gladly tell you the details. I am alive and well, by the way.

Anxious has been the feeling for the last couple days. Upon arrival at the race start, I immediately noticed the caliber of runners ready to partake in this day's adventure. I wanted to go home. I was feeling a little out of my league. However, I told myself that I was here to simply complete the race. Not to beat everyone else. The race began at 8 a.m. on the dot. I started at the back of the pack and remained there passing only a few runners. Once I hit the last big hill, I had a smile on my face. I had to walk parts of the trail, but overall I was proud of myself. I finished the race in an hour and 37 minutes. Byron, Marissa, Anthony, and Anthony's parents were at the finish cheering me on. It has been a good experience and I am going to try again next year to see if I can beat my time. I am hoping that a year of running will be significantly better than three months of running.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I'm glad you survived! And you should be pretty darn proud of yourself for doing something so hard!

8/06/2006 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home