His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

He Ran the Race to Robie Creek!!!

Byron survived the Race to Robie Creek and ran the "Body Electric". He ran the race in 2 hours and 12 minutes. He was hoping for 2 hours and 10 minutes, but I think he did pretty darn good. He was frustrated because the whole first mile took 11 minutes because everyone was so log jammed that he couldn't really run. He also cramped up near the end and wasn't able to run like he had hoped. The rest of the race was great and he was feeling good. Overall, he was glad he ran it and I will take the liberty to say that he is glad it is over too.

Here is a picture of us pre-race. With Owen displaying the race number (I guess). With an ode to Ryan because Byron wore his Air Force sweatshirt. Really, we didn't plan the whole military advertisement. I am just running out of clothes to wear that fit over the belly. :)


Here are the boys pre-race. Anthony on the left, then Byron, Isaac Kimball, and Mike Nelson. They were actually smiling:)


The is the race crowd before the shotgun. There were about 2,700 people who ran. It was quite the site to see them all run by.


And, at last, Byron right before he crossed the finish line. He was resolved not to let those twins pass him. Isn't the scenery beautiful?

3 Comments:

Blogger REAL Frank said...

I was just wondering if Mike ran the race in flipflops? Thats all I ever see him wear - even in the winter. Oh, and Becca you are such a cute pregnant lady! Like the haircut too!
Becky

4/22/2007 11:02 PM  
Blogger Bec said...

He did wear flip flops up until 30 minutes before the race:)

4/23/2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I stand by my previous conviction that running for two hours is crazy! But I'm impressed that they did it and that you want to next year. I'll wait with Owen at the end. :)

4/24/2007 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home