His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

9 Months and Counting...

Owen had his 9-month check-up today and was an absolute gem during the whole thing. We listened to several other children screaming their heads off and I silently thanked the Lord that Owen was a content child.

He weighed in at 19 pounds 4 ounces (45%), his height is 28 inches (50%), and of course the noggin was 48 centimeters (95%). He didn't have to get shots, but did get a hemoglobin test where they pricked his big toe. He even let Dr. Ally hold him. She was thrilled because 9 month olds tend to have separation anxiety. I told her his first five months were the separation anxiety months.

No crawling or walking yet. For a while I was impatient for him to be able to crawl because I thought that he would then be able to follow me around. My friend, Marissa, reminded me that he won't necessarily follow me around, rather I will be chasing him down in the opposite direction... Instead, I am happy that he is at this stage, heh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Brown said...

My word, he's looking like a little boy! And mischievous at that!

3/05/2008 8:21 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Wow! There's little Byron again. Just when I'd decided he was looking so much like you. Really, this picture is like a flashback. I remember that little boy!

Auntie Di

3/06/2008 7:55 AM  
Blogger Ellie's Mama said...

What a cutie! I love those big, brown eyes. And yes, he does look just a *bit* mischevieous.

Your friend is absolutely correct about you chasing the crawling baby, not the baby crawling after you (unless the baby is crying that is, then he/she will follow you everywhere!). All the stages are so amazing though, aren't they?

3/06/2008 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home