His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Brilliant Ideas Needed!

I need some creative help-and I know that there are several people that read this blog that have more creativity than I.

Dilemma: While purchasing the fabric to do Owen's nursery, I also picked up a fabric swatch sampler with all the fabrics that were included in the "Chocolat" fabric set. I used this to carry along and match all the other accessories for his room. It worked really well, but now I have no need for the swatches and was thinking that there might be some idea to use up these swatches and make something else for his room. He already has a quilt, so I don't think that I will do another one. Each square is 5 x5, so with a seam allowance, that will leave a lot less. Any brilliant ideas?

7 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

a pillow or two? I like the colors!

10/04/2008 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could matt and frame some of your favorites!

Kathy

10/05/2008 11:04 PM  
Blogger Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Hi Becca!
I've been SO terrible about posting comments on here, so I'm going to make up for it with this one ;).

FIRST, what huge blessings are being showered down in your life!! So happy for your new little life and to share it with your sister, well isn't God great to work out the timing like that!!

SECOND, good job on the sewing you've been doing. Even way back to the aprons you had told me you wanted to do, and then you did it!! I hope this keeps going ... I know you've got a great spot for doing it and quite the stash of fabric too! ;).

Okay now for the little squares. I of course have a few ideas, but the first thing I thought of was a table runner and placemats or coasters (the color look great for fall/winter). There are a lot of good tutorials out there for some fun coasters (let me know if you need a link). Sew Mama Sew's (www.sewmamasew.com) Blog is a great resource for tutorials and ideas.

I also like the pillow idea!

Now be sure to show us what you do with them ... soon!! :)

Happy Day!

10/06/2008 8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Becca! I have happy for you guys. Your new addition is due on my birthday.

Jennifer

10/06/2008 9:22 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I love those colors. Owen's room is so cute.
You could make another small blanket as a baby gift to have on hand or maybe a tag blanket or some toys for the new little one? They could even be from Owen since it was kind of his fabric.
I like the pillow idea too.

10/07/2008 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

15 bean bags?

10/15/2008 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Becca. My mom has been into making these cute soft blocks with these 5 inch squares. Sometimes she puts a letter of the alphabet on or something like that. My new nephew loves his.

10/16/2008 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home