His Tractor's Sexy

Yup. My Husband's a Farmer!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Forever Stamp.

I discovered that starting Monday, the 39 cent stamps will no longer be enough to mail a card or letter. So, I have lots of letters to send before that day. Which is good because I have been meaning to send everyone their much deserved Thank You note. I have been so blessed with gifts and I can only hope that I can convey my appreciation through words.

I kind of thought that it was funny how the United States Postal Service is using advertising with "Buy Them Now-Use Them Forever". So, does this mean that I can use them in 10 years and the USPS will still accept them? In THAT case, give me all they've got:)

6 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

That is exactly what they mean. Buy them now and in 10 years you can still use them to send mail.

Supposedly they will earn interest on the money you pay for the stamp now to cover the difference of what you pay today and what the stamp costs in 10 years.

5/10/2007 8:14 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Didn't the price just go up to .39?
We'll be stocking up on those stamps because before we know it, it's going to cost $5 to mail a letter!

5/10/2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger Debbie Brown said...

Yes, I just heard about this the other day... It will also save them money when they don't have to print hundreds of one cent stamps, which, obviously, cost more than one cent to print. Someone in the post office is finally catching on and checking the math!!!

Of course, I have a bunch that still say 39 cents.

5/10/2007 9:28 AM  
Blogger Debbie Brown said...

ps. I want to whine a little about how you seem to get lots of comments on your blog from everyone, but I rarely see any on mine. Maybe I should ask more questions...

5/10/2007 9:31 AM  
Blogger Marble Madness said...

I'm just going to stick with email. Of course I'm sure they'll start charging for even that soon... sigh.

5/10/2007 9:48 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Becca, I tried to comment earlier but it apparently didn't "take". I just want you to know that you express your appreciation very well. Your thank you card was warm, gracious and clearly so sincere. It was a delight to receive - another item for the "Nieces/Nephews" file!

"Auntie Di"

5/15/2007 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home